Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day one - Recipe one -

Today is day 1. I did start a little late today, so when I finally did want to start I figgured I don't have any ice-cream.

I was planning on making Apple Crumble Sundae. I'm going to give you the recipe now and cook it tomorow. I'll tell you about the result as soon as I finish. So here goes, the recipe for Apple Crumble Sundae:


Ingredients

Crumble Mixture:

  • 100g (3 1/2 oz) plain flour.
  • 50g (2 oz) butter (diced)
  • 50g (2 oz) demerara sugar

Apple Compote:


  • 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped.
  • 50g (2 oz) caster sugar
  • juice1/2 lemon
  • 90ml (8tbsp) cold fudge sauce
  • 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream

Equiptment:


  • medium bowl
  • baking tray
  • baking paper
  • medium saucepan
  • wooden spooon
  • fork
Method:


  1. Place the flour and butter in a bowl and rub them together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
2.Preheat the oven to 200deg.c, gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper, and pour the mixture on top. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until golden.

3.Meanwhile, place the apples, sugar and lemon juice in a medium pan. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4.Leave the apple compote to cool with the lid off. Using your fingers or a fork,break up the cooled crumble topping.

5.Layer each sundae glass with apple compote, crumble,ice cream and toffee sauce. Serve with any sort of spoon!

Tasty twist: Serve warm with ice cream to get a deliciously different dessert.



So there it is! My first recipe this year. The first recipe of my challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment